Geoff was wonderful to work with. He was very willing to work with my tight timeline and my instructions regarding the type of proofreading I was looking for. His feedback was insightful, clear, accurate, and very helpful! I would highly recommend his services.
– Sheryl Johnson (service: PhD dissertation proofreading)
Geoff is one of the few people I trust wholeheartedly with my own writing.
– Derek Lazarski (service: developmental editing on novel and short stories)
I offer a range of services under three umbrellas: creative writing, academic work, and curriculum consulting
Prior to writing and editing full-time, I was an Assistant Professor of English at Truman College (City Colleges of Chicago), where I taught academic & research writing for seven years. I have also worked as a “College Transitions” ESL writing teacher in Adult Education at Truman College and as a Business English teacher in Costa Rica. My own essays and reviews have appeared in nearly two dozen literary magazines and academic journals, and I am currently a CNF Contributing editor at Barren Magazine, where I read 100+ submissions every two months.
Email me to request a quote. I offer flexible hourly and flat rates.
gmartin9 [@] gmail [dot] com
Creative writing scared me for years. The process seemed daunting, the blank page insurmountable. It’s not. Let me lend my eyes and ears to your written words. I’ll take good care, I promise.
I offer developmental editing and copy editing for:
- Personal essays & creative nonfiction (CNF)
- Experimental or hybrid writing
- Fiction and short stories
- Family histories or personal writing
I also offer coaching/accountability services to help clients set project goals and ensure your writing work is advancing. And I can offer submission tips and publication advice for literary magazines and journals, if interested.
I’ve copyedited hundreds of undergrad essays, graduate work, and peer-review articles. I have also written and edited institutional reports and grant proposals. Let me help improve your professional, academic work by copy editing:
- Dissertations and job application materials
- Peer-review articles (facility with MLA, APA, & CMOS)
- Institutional reports and grant proposals
I love the creative work (and challenge) of designing good teaching and learning experiences. My teaching background is in English, developmental reading/adult literacies, and college research writing, but I’ve helped design a range of interdisciplinary college assignments, units, and thematic courses. I’ve also worked with clients on K-12 and alt. high school units and assignments as well as preschool website copy.
- Gr. 5 literacy units, online writing coaching, and feedback (WA)
- Preschool website copy and marketing communications (CA)
- Gr. 7 Canadian history unit (ON)
- Alternative high school literacy narrative unit (MA)
Pen hatch designs by 0melapics