Geoff has been an invaluable editor, assisting me in cutting a massive textbook manuscript by nearly 50,000 words. He has a keen eye for pulling out a succinct and clear phrase while maintaining the integrity of the idea. Every aspect of my writing has improved through our collaboration.
~ Darcie Fontaine (service: editing on undergraduate history textbook)
I can’t describe how thankful I am for Geoff’s incredibly amazing comments and feedback. He teaches me how to write—it is way beyond editing.
~ Mina Khanlarzadeh (service: developmental editing on academic articles, chapters, and essays)
Geoff was wonderful to work with. He was very willing to work with my tight timeline and my instructions regarding the type of proofreading I was looking for. His feedback was insightful, clear, accurate, and very helpful! I would highly recommend his services.
~ Sheryl Johnson (service: PhD dissertation proofreading)
Geoff is one of the few people I trust wholeheartedly with my own writing.
~ Derek Lazarski (service: developmental editing on novel and short stories)
Creative writing scared me for years. The process seemed daunting, the blank page insurmountable. It’s not. Let me lend my eyes and ears to your written words. I’ll take good care, I promise.
I offer developmental writing support for:
- Personal essays & creative nonfiction (CNF)
- Experimental or hybrid writing
- Fiction, short stories, scripts
- Family histories or other personal writing
I taught academic and research writing for seven years as an Assistant Professor at the City Colleges of Chicago, where I edited hundreds of undergraduate essays each semester. Now, I offer my developmental and copy editing services for dissertations, peer-review articles, book manuscripts, research reports, and websites. Let me help improve your professional or creative work.
Recent clients and projects include:
- The “Building Decarbonization Practice Guide” from the William J. Worthen Foundation
- Partners for Action (P4A), University of Waterloo
- Re•Vision Center, University of Guelph, “Into the Light: Living Histories of Oppression and Education in Ontario“
- Faculty at Northwestern University, Stanford University, Montclair University, University of South Florida, and others
- Doctoral students at Graduate Theological Seminary, New York Theological Seminary, Stanford University, Vanderbilt University
- TYPHOON Studio
All writers, experienced and emerging, benefit from reliable support and accountability. Since 2019, I’ve been helping academic and creative writers set project goals and define a personal writing process that works for them. Through recurring Zoom/Meet calls, I offer developmental feedback on work-in-progress, helping writer’s shape their written voice as well as the flow, rhythm, and readability of their words.
Ongoing clients include:
- Faculty at Stanford University and Columbia Business School
- Historical fiction novelist in New York City
In spring 2021, I ran a small, 4-week “Writing Parenting” group that offered strategies and support for writing around/amidst/despite young children in our lives. Email me if you’re interested in something similar (and not necessarily parent-exclusive) in Fall 2022 or Spring 2023.
Please send all queries to geoff [at] wheelhousewriting [dot] org
Pen hatch designs by 0melapics