I offer a range of editing services under three genre umbrellas: creative writing, academic work, and family histories.
Prior to freelance writing and editing full-time, I was an Assistant Professor of English at Truman College (City Colleges of Chicago), where I taught academic & research writing for seven years. I have also worked as a “College Transitions” ESL writing teacher in Adult Education at Truman College and as a Business English teacher in Costa Rica. My own essays and reviews have appeared in nearly two dozen literary magazines and academic journals, and I am currently a CNF Contributing editor at Barren Magazine, where I read 100+ submissions every two months.
Email me to request a quote. I offer flexible hourly and flat rates.
gmartin9 [@] gmail [dot] com
Creative writing scared me for years. The process seemed daunting, the blank page insurmountable. It’s not. Let me lend my eyes and ears to your written words. I’ll take good care, I promise.
I offer developmental editing and/or line editing for:
- Personal essays & creative nonfiction (CNF),
- Experimental or hybrid writing.
- Fiction and short stories.
I also offer a flat-rate ($40) 1-hour crash-course on the North American lit mag landscape, general submission processes, and using Submittable to your advantage, tailored for your needs.
I’ve written and copyedited hundreds of peer-review articles and undergrad- and graduate essays, as well as institutional reports and grant proposals. Let me help improve your professional work:
- Copy-editing services for peer-review articles (facility with MLA, APA, & Chicago Manual of Style),
- English language & grammar editing for academic essays,
- Copy editing on institutional reports and grant proposals.
I came into my own as a writer by first researching, writing, and sharing my own family history project in 2016. The process was transformative for me and a gift to my relatives. Now, let me help you:
- Developmental editing services to structure or augment a family history project you can be proud of and excited to share.
- Copy-editing and final polishing service before giving the project to your loved ones.
Geoff was wonderful to work with. He was very willing to work with my tight timeline and my instructions regarding the type of proofreading I was looking for. His feedback was insightful, clear, accurate, and very helpful! I would highly recommend his services.
– Sheryl Johnson (proofread PhD dissertation)
Geoff is one of the few people I trust wholeheartedly with my own writing.
– Derek Lazarski (developmental edits on novel and short stories)
Pen hatch designs by 0melapics